After developing an interest in science and engineering from a very young age, Dr. Lars Wadsö studied engineering physics at Lund University in Sweden and continued his education at the University as a PhD student, studying wood-water relations. Since graduating, Dr. Wadsö has remained in the Division of Building Materials as a professor and head of laboratory research. As a co-author of papers from a wide variety of research fields, Dr. Wadsö’s research interests range from topics on cement science, to food science. However, most of his recent work is related to measurements of heat with isothermal calorimetry, and water vapor sorption science.
Most Cited Thermal Conductivity Works:
- Thermal conductivity and rheology behavior of aqueous nanofluids containing alumina and carbon nanotubes
Sunden, B., Wadso, L., Wu, Z., Feng, Z. 2014. Thermal Conductivity and Rheology Behavior of Aqueous Nanofluids Containing Alumina and Carbon Nanotubes. 4th Micro and Nano Flows Conference, 1-8.
- Aqueous carbon nanotube nanofluids and their thermal performance in a helical heat exchanger
Sunden, B., Wadso, L., Wang, L., Wu, Z. 2016. Aqueous Carbon Nanotube Nanofluids and their Thermal Performance in a Helical Heat Exchanger. Applied Thermal Engineering, 96: 364-371.
- A Comparative Study on Thermal Conductivity and Rheology Properties of Alumina and Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube Nanofluids
Sunden, B., Sundena, B., Wadso, L., Wu, Z., Feng, Z. 2014. A Comparative Study on Thermal Conductivity and Rheology Properties of Alumina and Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotube Nanofluids. Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer, 5(18).
Selection of work by Lars Wadsö:
- Markova, N., Sparr, E., Wadso, L. 2001. On application of an isothermal sorption microcalorimeter. Thermochimica Acta, 374 (2): 93-104.
- Wadso, L. 2010. Operational issues in isothermal calorimetry. Cement and Concrete Research, 40 (7): 1129-1137.
- Anderberg, A., Wadso, L. 2008. Method for simultaneous determination of sorption isotherms and diffusivity of cement-based materials. Cement and Concrete Research, 38 (1): 89-94.
- Wadso, I., Wadso, L. 1996. A new method for determination of vapour sorption isotherms using a twin double microcalorimeter. Thermochimica Acta, 271: 179-187.
- Baquerizo, L.G., Matschei, T., Scrivener, K.L., Saeidpour, M., Wadso, L. 2015. Hydration states of AFm cement phases. Cement and Concrete Research, 73: 143- 157.