Careers at Thermtest
ThermTest Inc. is the leading international provider of thermal instruments and testing services for clients over a broad range of industries. Our advanced thermophysical laboratory and R&D facility is located in Fredericton, NB. To find out more, visit www.thermtest.com.
Click the links below to browse all job postings.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Software Developer who will work with team members to develop new programs and improve current backend applications and processes. The Software Developer will use their understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. Thermtest is looking for a talented developer to join our close knit team.
To succeed as a Software Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should have a keen eye for detail and have a passion for creating customer facing software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Database creation, integration, and management
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate UI elements with server side logic
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or related experience in a similar field
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Proven work experience in backend/database development
- Experience in using AWS services
- Experience with MVC and MVVM design patterns
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with API integration and development
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Experience with Node.JS, NPM/Yarn
- Experience in managing repositories and projects through GIT/SVN
- Familiar with XML (Generating and parsing)
- Working with docker images and deployment
- Experience using Linux
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- A dynamic, professional and rewarding work environment
- Career experience that will enhance personal and professional growth
The Application Process
A cover letter and current resume are required for an applicant to be considered for this position. These materials are to be e-mailed to [email protected] An initial telephone interview may be conducted for potential candidates followed by at least one on-site interview of selected candidates. ThermTest Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.